Representing Your Rights In Your Alimony Or Spousal Support Case
Divorce can be an expensive process, and you are probably concerned about paying or receiving spousal support and alimony. Retaining experienced divorce attorneys is crucial to safeguard your rights and secure the payment amount that is best for your circumstances.
Our Pennsylvania law firm, McMorrow Law, LLC, has helped numerous clients in Wexford and Pittsburgh obtain fair alimony and spousal support arrangements. Whether in private negotiations or in the courtroom, we will keep your best interests at heart and work toward satisfactory results.
Determining Spousal Support And Alimony In Pennsylvania
Like child support payments, the amount of spousal support and alimony pendente lite is determined by state guidelines. The most important considerations in determining alimony are the financial circumstances of each party. The court considers 17 economic and noneconomic factors, including:
- Income and earning capacity of each party
- Whether the party seeking alimony is capable of self-support
- Whether one party supported the education or training of the other
- Length of the marriage
- Each party’s physical, emotional and mental health
- Contributions as a homemaker or childrearer
- Whether one party committed adultery
Our lawyers have the family law experience to resolve complex cases, including those involving one party with a higher income, business owners and other professionals.