1. Home
  2.  » Guardianship

Knowledgeable Assistance With Guardianships For Children And Adults

McMorrow Law, LLC, provides experienced representation to individuals and families who are seeking guardianships for special needs children or incapacitated adults. We can assist you in emergency situations or if you are planning ahead. Many people have questions and concerns about guardianships, but we can provide the answers you need.

We serve all types of families and individuals in Pennsylvania, from high net worth clients to those with more modest assets. As our client, you will receive knowledgeable, compassionate representation and responsive service. We keep clients updated on the status of their cases and strive to return calls within 24 hours. Our office is conveniently located in North Hills with free parking available.

Solutions For Today. Planning For Tomorrow.

Attorney Brooke B. McMorrow, and her associate attorneys, have extensive experience with guardianships and other estate planning and family law issues. In addition to their legal experience, Brooke has served on the board of directors for Vintage, Inc., an adult day care and senior citizen center. McMorrow Law, LLC, also has provided pro bono guardianship assistance to families of special needs children through the former Good Shepherd Legal Foundation.

Parents of special needs children will need to obtain a guardianship for special needs adult children when their child turns 18. At age 18, a person is legally considered an adult, regardless of his or her ability to make decisions. To continue to care for your child after age 18, you will need a guardianship to make legal, financial and health care decisions.

Adults who are vulnerable or incapacitated due to illness or injury may be unable to make decisions for themselves. If they do not have financial and health care powers of attorney in place, they will need a guardian to act on their behalf. Our Pittsburgh guardianship attorney assists families with guardianships for incapacitated adults.

Want to avoid the need for a guardianship? We can help you draft powers of attorney for yourself or an elderly family member who currently has the capacity to understand and sign the documents.

For Further Assistance, Contact Us Today

To schedule an appointment with a lawyer, please call 724-940-0100 | 724-940-0100 or contact us online. We offer free consultations.

  • Guardianship Brochure
  • Guardianship for Incapacitated Adults
  • Guardianship for Special Needs Adults
  • Guardianship FAQ’s